The Economic Development Officer Intern will provide administrative support to the Project Office, as part of the point of contact for the local community, as well as assisting the Economic Development Manager (ED Manager) when distributing key project information. This role will provide a learning environment for the Intern to develop skills in community engagement, procurement and project implementation.
- Supporting the Project Officer as front-line point of contact for the Project Company in the project office during the operations phase.
- Assist Audit and Procurement Officer in provide documentation as required by external auditors timeously.
- Assist Audit and Procurement Officer with preparing procurement forms.
- Provide information to Public Relations team for all articles and newsletter information.
- Organise radio interviews.
- Assist in distribution of reports, project information and newsletters.
- Support the ED team with implementation of projects.
- Provide support to the Project Officer to administer the grievance mechanism on the ground.
- Building strong relationships with all relevant local partners/stakeholders/authorities/ communities/ businesses/ local government and local media.
- Maintains strong working relationships with and has open and transparent communication between all members of the team to ensure a healthy working environment is maintained.
- Assist in organising community meetings, focussed group sessions and key informant interviews with various stakeholders.
- Assist the Project Officer with preparing Annexure B reports on relevant SED and EnD projects
- Engages regularly with beneficiaries / service providers to gain relevant information regarding the initiatives and to monitor their impact.
- Take minutes at meetings and maintain socio-economic and enterprise development projects files and reports, as instructed by the ED Manager
- Receive and document community project proposals on behalf of the Project Office, if required
- Assist Economic Development Manager and team as needed
- Higher Certificate / Diploma in relevant field
- Previous exposure to office environment will be beneficial.
- Candidate should have good written and oral communications skills.
- Candidate should work well with people.
- Must be able to travel when required.
- A passion to work with and in communities.
- No political affiliations
- Licence will be beneficial.
- Good interpersonal skills and be comfortable in dealing with people at different levels.
- Theoretical knowledge or some exposure to coordinating small projects.
- Knowledge about the area of Nama-Khoi Municipal area will be beneficial.
- Ability to use Microsoft software e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans is essential.
The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years’ working experience at a similar or more junior level and be eager to move into and learn to navigate the area of community engagement.
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 6 October 2023