ED Project Officer Intern
ED Project Officer Intern – Kangnas
Kangnas Wind Farm, situated outside of Springbok, in the Northern Cape’s Nama Khoi Municipal area, commenced operations during November 2020. The wind farm delivers 140MW’s of clean renewable power from its sixty-one wind turbines.
This project is beneficial in addressing the ongoing and increasing need for clean electricity in South Africa, and positively impacts the country’s economy and people, with a particular focus on communities within a 50km radius of the wind farm.
Kangnas Wind Farm generates around 513 200 MWh/year of clean renewable energy per year. This is enough clean, green electricity to power up to 154 625 South African homes.
Kangnas Wind Farm eliminates approximately 550,000 tons of carbon emissions each year when compared to traditional fossil fuel power plants. In addition to zero carbon emissions and reduced use of fossil fuels, the country benefits from almost zero water consumption that is required during the generation process.
Summary of Role:
The Economic Development Officer Intern will provide administrative support to the Project Officer, who is the point of contact for the local community, as well as assisting the Economic Development Manager (ED Manager) when distributing key project information. This role will provide a learning environment for the Intern to develop skills in community engagement by learning from the Project Officer
What will you do:
* Supporting the Project Officer as front-line point of contact for the Project Company in the project office during the operations phase
* Provide information to Public Relations team for all articles and newsletter information.
* Organise radio interviews.
* Assist in distribution of reports, project information and newsletters.
* Support the ED team with implementation of projects.
* Provide support to the Project Officer to administer the grievance mechanism on the ground.
* Building strong relationships with all relevant local partners/stakeholders/authorities/ communities/ businesses/ local government and local media.
* Maintains strong working relationships with and has open and transparent communication between all members of the team to ensure a healthy working environment is maintained.
* Assist in organising community meetings, focussed group sessions and key informant interviews with various stakeholders.
* Assist the Project Officer with preparing Annexure B reports on relevant SED and EnD projects
* Engages regularly with beneficiaries / service providers to gain relevant information regarding the initiatives and to monitor their impact.
* Take minutes at meetings and maintain socio-economic and enterprise development projects files and reports, as instructed by the ED Manager
* Receive and document community project proposals on behalf of the Project Office, if required
* Assist Economic Development Manager and Project Officer as needed.
What we require:
* N6 Business Management / Management Assistant
* Candidate should have good written and oral communications skills.
* Candidate should work well with people.
* Must be able to travel when required.
* A passion to work with and in communities.
* No political affiliations
* Licence will be beneficial.
* Good interpersonal skills and be comfortable in dealing with people at different levels.
* Theoretical knowledge or some exposure to coordinating small projects.
* Knowledge about the area of Nama-Khoi Municipal area will be beneficial.
* Ability to use Microsoft software e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
* Fluency in English and Afrikaans is essential.
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry.
Please note this role will close on Tuesday 28 March 2023. We would like to advise that this role is specifically advertised for candidates who are based from the below communities.
Matjieskloof, Bergsig, Springbok, Carolusberg, Fontyntie, Okiep, Concordia, Nababeep
Interns can apply by sending their applications to this email address Africacareers@mainstreamrp.com